iZONE, with its expanded nose-piece, will train your body to maintain proper head and eye position relative to the pitcher, and lets you know when both eyes are lined up the pitcher and the release point. This will allow you to detect velocity and see spin sooner.
The first time hitters use iZONE they will realize in their current stance, both of their eyes are not being used to track the ball. Most hitters often use a stance with their head turned in a way preventing them from using their back eye to see the pitcher’s release point.
The iZONE’s precise design gives instant feedback and trains you to get your head and both eyes in the best position to see the ball, detect velocity and pick up spin sooner!
Checking Your Stance With The iZONE!
- Put on the iZone like you would eyeglasses, and rest the nose-piece firmly on the top of the bridge of your nose.
- Get in your batting stance.
- While in your batting stance, close your lead eye (eye closest to pitcher).
- Adjust your head so you can see the pitchers release point with your back eye.
- When the pitchers release point is visible with just your back eye open, then open your lead eye.
- The pitcher should now be visible with both eyes.
- Your Stance is now in Check!
Hitting Drills with iZONE:
Front Toss: 8 Swings with iZONE on / 8 Swings with iZONE off
(8 swings w/o iZONE, focus on tracking the ball with both eyes
- Tee Work/Tee Drills: Hit off tee with iZONE on, training to see ball with both eyes while swinging.
- Batting Practice: Wear iZONE during B.P. to get the true feeling of tracking the ball with both eyes from the pitchers release point.
- Angled Front Toss: With iZONE track the ball from hand and see ball with back eye from release.
Soft Toss: 4 Swings with iZONE off / 4 Swings with iZONE on
(Training body to focus on tracking ball with both eyes during swing, feeling eye position from iZONE off vs. on)
NOTE: The StanceCheck iZONE is not intended for use during game situations. It is intended for training purposes only.
**The StanceCheck iZONE Training Aid is proudly made in the U.S.A.!